SkySafari 4 Pro
macOS / Education
***SkySafari Pro for Mac OS X has been upgraded! This is the old version. To get the latest SkySafari Pro for Mac OS X, search for SkySafari 5 Pro in the Mac App Store!***
SkySafari 4 Pro has an absolutely huge database of astronomical objects! It contains everything in SkySafari 4 Plus, and adds over 1.2 GB of data, including 25 million stars from both Hubble Guide Star catalogs, over 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 630,000 solar system objects - including every comet and asteroid ever discovered. It simulates the view from anywhere in the solar system - or beyond it - at up to a million years in the past or future.
SkySafari 4 Pro includes NASA's latest Moon and Mars maps, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version. It's an astronomical encyclopedia, with over 1500 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professionals. And it includes 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers - now in breathtaking high definition on your Mac!
SkySafari 4 Pro takes advantage of Apple's latest Mac OS X features. It understands multitouch gestures and supports full-screen mode. Its responsive, fluid interface borrows from the best of SkySafari for iOS.
All this is built into SkySafari 4 Pro - you don't need an internet connection to use it. SkySafari 4 Pro will revolutionize your astronomical viewing experience. If you're serious about astronomy, it's a deal you can't afford to miss.
If you've used SkySafari Pro before, here's what's new in version 4:
* Apple Maps integration: choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
* Animated meteor showers, with complete viewing information and spectacular graphics.
* New horizon panoramas: Yerba Buena Gardens in downtown San Francisco, Uluru (Ayers Rock) Australia, and the top of Mauna Kea on Hawaii's Big Island. Or add your own!
* New and updated descriptions for hundreds of objects.
* Objects lists under Search are now sortable by name, number, magnitude, RA, Dec, and many other properties.
* New Advanced Search options let you find objects using properties other than their name. For example, you can find all objects of a certain type, within a certain constellation, brighter than a certain magnitude, etc.
* New Telescope Equipment settings let you enter a list of all your telescope equipment. Select different combinations of eyepieces and telescopes to display field-of-view automatically. Set up a separate camera and auto-guider FOV. All FOV indicators can be labelled in the sky chart.
* Now log observations of objects directly from the Object Info view, or show all your observations of any object at once.
* New Variable Stars list, containing the brightest and best-known variables in the sky.
* Added descriptions for hundreds of small moons, asteroids, comets, satellites; and many images.
* All full screen images in Object Info now include hi-res versions for the iPad.
* Database now contains Guide Star Catalog 2.x stars to magnitude 15 - total 25 million (up from 15 million in SkySafari 3 Pro).
* Database now includes the complete General Catalog of Variable Stars and Washington Double Star catalogs.
* Dozens more tweaks, bug fixes, and additions we don't have room to list here!
Quoi de neuf dans la dernière version ?
1) Fixes incompatibility with Mac OS X 10.6.8 thru 10.8.x.
2) Fixes problem with configuring Celestron Wi-Fi Telescope Access Point mode.