Underway: NYC Subway Transit
iOS Universel / Navigation
The subway app for on-the-go: real-time arrivals & service status at your fingertips.
Tap a station directly on an official MTA subway map to see next trains & their real-time arrival info. Underway is optimized for offline experience, helpful during long subway rides underground: map is always available for browsing, as well as the most recent data loaded from the server.
Underway is a home-grown, independent project. We believe that public transportation should be user-friendly. Underway is supported by ad revenue and by in-app purchases.
- View arrivals for any subway station in real-time, mapped onto the latest published map by MTA
- Tap on any station on the map to instantly see incoming trains
- Compare train options using real-time data
- Find out service disruptions affecting subway lines
- Closed station indicators
- Doesn’t require GPS, which dramatically decreases battery life
- Locate nearby stations instantly upon launch, optional with GPS
- Share links to specific trains with friends so they can track your arrival in real-time!
Makespace - “Let’s face it: Google Maps can only get you so far. Made specifically with busy New Yorkers in mind, it’s an all-in-one commute compendium."
Brokelyn - ”In addition to the MTA’s online Subway Times, which offers the current arrival times by line & station and is accessible from the internet even beyond the subway’s hallowed platforms, Underway NYC now offers the same information but in app form & plotted to a subway map."
Viewing NYC - “[Underway] removes all the extra features & bloat of the transit apps and simply shows you how many minutes it is until the next train at your station."
WHAT OUR USERS SAY
- “For all its utility and minimalism, Underway also betrays the meticulousness of its creators“
- “I’ve been downloading various MTA apps for years, this is the one that made me say ‘finally!’”
- “No nonsense app. Subway essentials … packed in most logical & simple way.”
- ”Enjoy having the app in the daily toolbox. Use it when calculating how long I can stay at the concluding applause of a Lincoln Center event & still get line 1 to Times Square for shuttle to Grand Central. Does come in handy. Continued success."
- “It's perfect for night owls like me, who must often wait up to 15 minutes for the next train.”
- ”Underway matches my mental model of the subway.”
- ”Your team has built a totally indispensable app and it’s saved me countless minutes.”
We get our data live from the MTA, so when their feed has inaccuracies, so does ours.
Underway is supported by ads. You may remove ads by subscribing to “Underway Ad-Free,” available as an in-app purchase. The current price of “Underway Ad-Free” is 99-cents per month. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, then charged for renewal 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the standard monthly rate of 99-cents.
Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your settings in the iTunes Store at any time, after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Underway is officially licensed from the MTA.
maps: © Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Used with permission.
symbols: ® or TM as applicable. Used with permission of Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Quoi de neuf dans la dernière version ?
This update contains the September 2023 subway map published by the MTA on Friday, September 15, 2023.